Thursday, March 03, 2011

When you think the housework never ends...

I saw post on Facebook from a friend who asked other moms if they felt overwhelmed at the daily chores we do that never end..like you can never get ahead.  
It is so true!
But here was my response and I thought I would share.  Also, by posting it here, I can remind myself when I start to get down!


When you are feeling like what you do doesn't matters a hill of  beans or frustrated that the process of it all never ends.. 
Perhaps it will help if you find a verse that you could think or sing when you do those chores. My computer is in my kitchen so I pick and make a playlist of my favorite songs on Grooveshark to listen to while I work. It's free and I have a few favorite playlists depending on my mood.  Don't be surprised if you come over one day and hear me belting out 1960's Sunday School Songs.  Sometimes it is good to get back to your roots and smile.  It makes your littles laugh at their goofy mommy, too..
Maybe frame an encouraging thought, prayer, or verse you could focus on when you do these activities. Jones Design Company has some awesome ready to frame art prints with scripture on it.  Or create it yourself in Word, Publisher, Pages or a digital scrapping program.
A MOPS mentor mom once said to make your laundry room the cheeriest room you could and write a verse on the wall to focus on. She also mentioned to pray for each person in your family as you folded their laundry, cleaned their dish or made them lunch. 
I visualize how making supper gives nutrition to my kids & husband, clean dishes keep us healthy, doing laundry makes them proud of how they look [and smell], etc...
I feel like God has called us [me] into this stage of life and what I do..drudgery, monotonous or not..I will choose to do for His Glory. 
Ultimately, in serving my husband and kids, I am serving God.


Colossians 3:23 "Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men."  Amplified Bible
1 Corinthians 10:31b ."Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."  NASB



No comments: