Monday, February 14, 2011

Abigale's First Birthday

So Miss Abigale turned One Year Old on January 20th. How did that happen?  I love to search the web for party ideas so I thought maybe someone else can get some inspiration, too!
  
Abigale's Birthday invite I created using My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up!

Flowers are made using heart hand held punch along with circle and scallop circle of her newborn pictures.
 Food on our bar..I am all about height & variety when it comes to serving platters.  [Note, I would have had the chips in a bowl as well but we had barely moved in when we hosted this party so not everything had made it's way over.]
Special items on the menu were Butterfly PB & J's for the kids.
My mom's yummy Chicken Salad Croissants with Butterfly Pasta Salad [a little pesto makes everything better!]. [and the cupcakes..more on those later]
Boy Favors [No stamping and very simple. Frankly because I realized I had way more boys than I thought and I didn't think they wanted the prissy butterfly favor boxes anyway!]  They kind of reminded me of the garden..but I am weird like that.
 This was the handmade part of the favors [the rest is typical boy-bugs & a ball, girl- big ring and candy all around...and raisins [because sometime you have to be "that mom" a little bit at least.]  Used the Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix die because it cuts through fabric beautifully and quickly!
 
 The frilly girly boxes made using the Fancy Favor Box die for the Sizzix Big Shot from Stampin' Up. And the Beautiful Butterfly die as well.  Some I used an embossing folder on, too, for different looks and textures.

 
Most of the kids [and some of the moms], decorated butterfly cookies with buttercream frosting and their choice of sprinkles.
 
The butterfly looks wilted after washing and not sewing on properly but there really is a butterfly on her #1.  
The result after working on her "Smash Cake"..

And a better view from her lovely One Year Old Pictures, taken beautifully by the talented Karissa Barber of K.Barber Photography:
Love them.

Now for the cupcakes!!

"Death by Oreo" Cupcakes

Strawberry Cake with Vanilla Buttercream frosting. [Cupcake Toppers is what I am really showing here but who doesn't love a good cupcake picture?]
 
Peanut Butter Overload Cupcakes 
[Toppers were made using My Digital Studio, Scallop Circle punch, and Beautiful Wings Sizzlit.

Could have embellished this a lot more but frankly I ran out of time!
In lieu of gifts for Abigale, we asked everyone to bring new pajamas to be donated to the Florida Baptist Children's Home.  We ended up with 17 sets... I love my friends!

 
Happy Family after a great birthday party day!

No comments: