Thursday, February 03, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 1

Inspired by Jennifer at Family Musings, I am going to [again] try my hand at personal blogging.  She was inspired by Shoefly Pie & Grits, who was probably inspired by someone else..the blog world as it is.  
So for Day 1 I am to post a photo of myself and share 15 facts.   Since I had to go back to Christmas to get a decent shot, clearly I need to refocus when it comes to my going out look!  ;)

Now for my 15 facts in no real order:


  1.  I was an exchange student in Japan the summer before my senior year of high school. Life changing... I hope my kids get to do it one day.
  2.  I have been to the Holy Land [Israel] 3 times, once in 2000 & 2 times in 2001. Amazing to actually walk where Jesus walked...the Bible comes alive..every time you read or hear..it was awesome and I wish ever Christian could go!
  3.  I have been a crazy New Kids on the Block fan for 22+ years. I mean, not just a normal fan, like I was "that girl" in high school for them..hung on till the end [94] and was psychotic when they finally announced their reunion last year! My dear husband actually went to the concert with me..earned big time points! I had a great time in high school because of my experiences as a fan and am totally not ashamed of loving them! :) [But when I meet celebs, I am not freak, just to clarify. Crazy Amy stays locked up. Would you like someone screaming in your face? And then the opening line of "Do you know you are Such and Such"..ugh. You have 10 seconds...act human, say something original or at least coherent, puhleese! ;) ]
  4. I lived in Nashville 4 years and worked for a record company that distributed some of my fave Christian bands [DC Talk, SCC, Audio Adrenaline, Newsboys, etc]. The artists on the 15+ labels we sold often came in or had mini-concerts for the area I worked in [sales]. I had to be cool to their face but inside the 21 year old groupie in me was screaming. :) I still miss all the free CDs, concerts, gifts, etc...and all the awesome people I worked with there.
  5.  I am an only child and am super close to my mom and grandma since it was just us 3 living together for most of childhood in the last house my grandfather built [he passed away before I came along]. My grandmother remarried later and I was very close to Jesse, our son's namesake, until he passed in 2001. I actually left Nashville to be with him for as long as I could..and I am glad I did..he passed within 2 years of me coming back to FL...no regrets.  Grandma, also know as Gigi to my babies, passed away Sept. 10, 2010.  Not a day goes by without thinking about her..
  6. I love stamping. I sell the products from Stampin' Up! but I love the stuff, too. Wouldn't sell it for 9 years if I wasn't whole-hearted about it. I get completely happy when I break out a new glitter or a new ink color or a fresh pack of paper. I am giddy when the new Idea Books come out! And the National Convention can beat a high school/college pep rally any day!
  7.  I love historic buildings, homes, and downtown areas. I would love for Lakeland to have a tour or something like that.. Franklin, TN, is still my all time favorite downtown area...though Salem, MA, had it's share of interesting history.
  8. Retro stuff makes me happy..I should have been born in the 40's or 50's for sure! I would love to have been a June Cleaver. Cooking, baking and a clean bathroom really do make me happy.  I wish I could REALLY decorate my house this way, too..maybe someday.
  9.  My favorite part of the day is when I go in and get Jesse up for the day. His face is so sweet and happy to see me and it makes my heart swell every time. I had no grasp I could love someone so much until Jesse came along. Makes the sacrifice God made of Jesus mean even more once you are a parent.
  10.  I met my husband at our church in the now remodeled/non-existent Soular Cafe. I did the food for the singles gathering each week. He liked the food, I guess. :) We dated for 5 months before being engaged, married in 6 months..less than a year and the deal was done. When it is right, it's right.
  11. We lost our first baby at 11 weeks. We told everyone we were prego on Sunday and started miscarrying on Tuesday. Couldn't have got through it without all those loving prayers of the people who had shared our great joy, then sorrow, in such a short time. We named her "Gloria" and have a gardenia tree planted in her honor in our front yard. We will meet our "Glory Baby" someday, we have that assurance. Still makes me teary..but we wouldn't have Jesse.....God is bigger and knows the plans he has for us before we were even born.
  12. I wish I wasn't so sentimental about stuff. I keep too much and I know it. I dream of throwing it all away but generally don't. When I pitch, it make me feel free..should do it more often. ;) If I ever go crazy, I will probably be a hoarder with newspapers from ceiling to floor or something random like that. ;)
  13.  I love Disney. Like really LOVE it. If it was possible to hug a street, tree, lamp and building, I would. I love the magic and I don't care how cheesy it sounds. My friends gave me the world when they gave me a pass to the World. :) And I am not sure they can know how much it meant to me...
  14.  I love quotes and lines from films. My lifetime favorite quote is " Regret for things we did, can be tempered by time. It is regret for things we did NOT do that is inconsolable" and I have no idea who wrote it. I also love the Desiderata and I also don't care if that is cheesy. "Don't Forget Your Sunscreen" is an awesome spoken word/song, too, SO THERE! :)
  15. I wish I had more commitment to blog..FB works better for me for some reason.  I think I put to much thought into blogging when it could be short and sweet.  I am amazed at moms of littles that do it so well!
What you [all 2 of you readers] can look forward to the rest of the month...
And here is what you can expect from me over the next 30 days:
Day 2 - A picture of you and the person you are closest to
Day 3 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 4 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 6 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
Day 7 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 8 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 9 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the silliest things with.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of your favorite night .
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your favorite day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

If you plan to play along, let me know by leaving your link in the comments.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Through all of the randomness of your 15 items, I learned you are a person who feels passion. About a lot of things!! I don't think you like anything half-heartedly!

Glad to have you playing along.