Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.

This is entry is part of a 30 Day Photo Challenge that's over half way over so catch up if you missed.  
Some days are harder than others to come up with a response..
...this was a hard one because it made you look a little deeper than maybe we want to sometimes..
So..it's me.. My biggest insecurity..
And, yes, even getting this picture took many takes.  Had to look just right.  
In my defense, some came out looking like I was throwing up gang signs and I am not entirely positive what those completely are even..ha.
Do you like me?  Are you mad at me?  Do I look cool enough today?  Do they even say "cool" anymore?
Do I look too old or too young?
What do you think of my house?  If there is dust or this or that is left out, how much are you going to judge me?  Is it the right color, style, look?
Do you like my work? Am I good enough?  
Am I pretty enough?  Am I cute enough in this outfit? Does it make my ___ look big?  

ENOUGH!

These thoughts plague a lot of us, I bet.
And, deep down, I know it is not good for me at all!  I know God loves me for me.  
He created me to be just like this and loves me for exactly who I am.  
He doesn't care if I am hip, skinny, or put together "just right".  


I like this version from the New  Living Translation 
"Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! 
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it." 
Psalm 139:14 
But the one most know is "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Which is another great version from NIV.

Do you remember this old ad from the late 70's that circled the church..I do:

Something to remember on those days where you stare into the mirror, not so happy with what you see staring back...

Another wonderful verse & story to click on..
He will take great delight in you; 
   in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
   but will rejoice over you with singing
Zephaniah 3:17b 
[For more on this verse, please also read this amazing blog post from Jones Design Company Twirl..thanks J.Cook!]

Okay, I am done.  
Not perfect, not healed, but a work in progress.  And aren't we all?

~  ~  ~
For a look into what is left to come for this month..hopefully some of these will be a little easier on me [and my ego]. ;)

Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.





Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of your favorite night .
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your favorite day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you please take a picture of you throwing a gang sign? I would pay money for that!