Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book [or 2]

Are you looking for a book on Parenting? 
Intrigue? 
Murder? 
Mystery? 
Sex? 
Triumph? 
Encouragement? 
Grief? 
Marriage?
Real Love?

You get the picture..

Skeptical? Don't knock it till you try it!

This version [and the Daily Bible] is unique in that it arranges the Bible so the stories/entries are chronological.  It makes the history of things easier to comprehend sometimes when there is a timeline.  This is great for daily reading but not so much study.

Admittedly, I am more of a magazine grazer that a book reader..always been like that.  
Keep it short, I have other things to do. 
So when it comes to reading for "fun", you can generally count me out of that conversation. 

However, when I was around 10 or so, I read this book for an unknown reason.  

And then I read it again.  And again.  And probably again.
I wish it still existed but I remember the cover falling off since I had read it so much.
It seems to have been published about the same time the first Back to the Future came out and has a very similar plot: 2 teens dream of observing their parents meet & fall in love.  They stare at a picture of the night they met to get back in time.  Of course, things get messed up so they spend the rest of the book trying to get their parents together and their own future back on track.  
Not Shakespeare, I know, but interesting nonetheless for a 10 year old dreamer.

Hmm.. I wonder.  It actually might still be in my mom's stuff.  She is a bit of a "keeper", too. ..I digress..

Speaking of my mom, I used to stare "forever" at this picture of her in front of our house when she was in her mid-twenties. I can still see it so clearly.  She was standing in the our front drive with the "largest tree ever" behind her. She had a blond bouffant hair-do, a white mini dress, white leather knee high white boots and a smile.  I am not sure if it was imagination or truth, but I thought she was headed to party.  And I used to stare at the picture, hoping I could travel back there and tell her to change things, say yes to a certain boy, no to another, and have a happy life.  I really hoped to alter her future to something better even if it meant I would not be created.  Geesh..

Now, I am glad their theory of time travel didn't work.  
Or we all would have missed out on this.

At any rate, it appears to be out of print but I see used copies do exist.  
Should ask the Easter Bunny for a copy in my basket? 

Did you read this book?  
What was your fave book as a youth?
~ ~ ~

Just 7 entries left in this challenge...
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your favorite day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

No comments: